Friday 28 February 2014

Cocoa Brown Fake Tan by Marissa Carter


I'm not a massive fake tan girl. I will usually put some on if I'm going out and feel deathly pale, or if I'm just having an off day and need to make myself feel better, because I am a firm believer that a summer glow can make MOST things better.

I've dabbled with different products in the past; Rimmel instant tan, St Moriz, Fake Bake, St Tropez. Yet I can't go more than a day in the week of putting it on because of the following reasons I'm sure most women can relate to:


1) That horrible sticky uncomfortable feeling, and finding it impossible to sleep as you're trying to stay in one position in case you get streaks or ruin your bed sheets. 

2) The smell of biscuits that seems to follow you around wherever you go and just makes you feel like you need a good wash, and you get embarrassed in case other people can smell it too. 

3) The fact that no matter how painstakingly carefully you apply it, there will always be some kind of streak or orange knee or ankle that you're scrubbing until your skin is red raw the next morning. 

All these reasons make tanning to much for me to take on a regular basis, so hats off to the professional day-glo girls that do it ALL THE TIME. 

However, recently, this little ray of sunshine came into my life, Cocoa Brown. And I am so glad that it did, in all its pink shiny glory. The scent is heavenly, no biscuity tan aroma from the start off. It sinks into your skin effortlessly and evenly, and within 5 minutes of applying you can put your clothes back on. I am not overreacting when I say, you literally don't feel sticky or smelly or horrible, it feels like you didn't put anything on. I was sceptical the first time, that I'd wake up and it wouldn't have developed, but it does and the colour is delightful. No orange glow, and most importantly, no streaks! (I've added a before and after shot here but it's near impossible to get a true representation of the real colours.)



Another thing l love is that it doesn't wash off as soon as you have a shower, it lasts for a few days. Just make sure to keep exfoliated and moisturised in between or you'll end up with some dark, dry skin patches, as I am sure is the case with most fake tans!  

I know it sounds too good to be true but it's not, I really really like this. I apply it once maybe twice a week and I feel like I always seem to have a glow. I've just repurchased it ready for when mine runs out! Who says you can't have it all? Get involved!

X


No comments:

Post a Comment