Tuesday 18 February 2014

My current skincare routine.

From L to R: L'Oréal Skin Perfection, Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask, Soap & Glory Scrubatomic, Garnier Moisture Match


Ok, so I would consider myself to have really AVERAGE skin. It isn't perfect, it isn't necessarily terrible. It's kind of dull and I have big-ish pores. It isn't dry, nor overly oily. I would say combination. I have breakouts every now and again like most people and it only ever looks close to perfect when I've been on holiday; sporting a summer glow, or I've got a full face of make up on. 

Up until a few months ago I would just use simple face-wipes to take off my make up, usually skipping moisturiser and any other face products. Then I went through about a three-week breakout where my skin was terrible. It was then that a friend told me how bad make up wipes are for your skin, how they spread bacteria and are just generally quite yucky. So I thought I would seek out an alternative, and on a standard lunchtime stroll around boots I thankfully stumbled across the L'Oréal skin perfection, on offer, so I thought I would give it a whirl :) (I'm on my fourth bottle.) 

It was after this that I decided to try some good face products and try to get into a proper skin routine that worked for me.



1.) L'Oréal Skin Perfection Water

So anybody that has a keen beauty interest will have heard every beauty blogger and their sister raving on about this miraculous Bioderma miracle water that is apparently so amazing it's worth spending almost £15 a bottle on. I'm sorry, but surely I can't be the only one thinking that's a little steep for a cleanser we will be using every single day? Anyway, as far as I can tell, the Loreal skin perfection is exactly the same concept as bioderma, it's fragrance free, looks and feels like water, and removes every last trace of make up and leaves you feeling fresh as a daisy. At £5 a bottle tops, as this always seems to be on offer somewhere, you can't really go wrong. This has become step one in my new and improved skin regime. Thumbs up L'Oréal


2.) Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask

Last month I had an almighty breakout on my face. It felt and looked disgusting, it made me seriously unhappy, I needed something to make it feel better and during these desperate times I thought maybe it was worth splashing out on the mask I had been dying to try for god knows how long. I've seen the reviews, "it leaves you feeling like you have a new face" just what I need I thought. £29.99 later it arrived, the answer to my skin worries. I put it on, and nothing. Yeah it felt soft and revitalised, but no miracles here. I was devestated, what a waste I thought. In all honesty, it's only over the last couple of weeks (now that my skin seems to be co-operating as normal again) and i've persevered with this a couple of times a week, that i've actually really started to like it. It makes you look glowy, your skin will never feel as soft, and clean and fresh. So yeah, it's pricey, i'm not sure I would re-purchase, but at the moment i'm liking it. 

3.) Soap and Glory Scrubatomic Face Polish

I've used face scrubs on and off in the past, and never really saw the benefits. It just felt like a chore and my face doesn't get that dry so it felt a bit unnecessary and time consuming. Then I read a beauty review on this one and upon hearing that it was the "best face scrub i've ever used" and "smells like peaches" I was totally sold. It was also on offer for £6 in boots, down from £9. Who doesn't love a bargain? It leaves my skin feeling completely buffed and clean, it contains tiny little exfoliating beads, you can definitely feel it working as you use it, and it smells absolutely amazing. On the packaging it says to use it every day, but in all honesty I only use it once or twice a week, I overused it at first and it actually made my cheeks quite red. I really like Soap & Glory products- on a side note, their Dr.Spot breakout gel is wonderful for the odd nasty spots. 

4.) Garnier Moisture Match Moisturisers 

This is the third type of moisture match I have tried, I used the orange one all over the summer (wake me up gel version) which I absolutely loved and it made my skin feel all zingy and awake. Then the green one (mattifying cream) which was ok, I wasn't wowed but it wasn't terrible. Now this one, the blue version, for normal to dry skin, which feels perfect for the harsh winter weather we are currently experiencing in London. It makes my skin feel really hydrated and smooth and my make up sits perfectly on top of it. I think these moisturisers are an absolute bargain at £5.99, and you can't really go wrong. Plus I think they look quite cute which is actually what drew me to them in the first place...

Overall, since I have adopted a proper week in week out skin routine, I don't think my skin has ever been happier. It's working for me at the moment and I can't imagine going back to not taking care of my skin again,  now all I need to do it take up drinking lots and lots of water and see if that really makes a difference!




X





No comments:

Post a Comment