Monday 24 February 2014

Tried and tested: Schwarzkopf color mask in Pearl Blonde #910


It's only since around November last year that I've been dying my own hair. Around late August I decided to go from highlights to an all over tint at the hairdressers, and although I really liked the even colour and the fact that it was cheaper, I hated the roots that came so quickly with it and the cost of up-keeping them as well as more frequent trips to the salon.



So one day I decided to be brave and try it myself at home, it couldn't be that hard? In essence it was exactly what they were doing as far as I was concerned. I started with a test strip underneath my hair, using the L'Oreal mousse absolue in #1000. I was really suprised and happy with the results for a home dye job, so since then I've been using that same product around every four weeks. It was only recently that I decided I wasn't entirely happy with the colour and how it lasted over time, it had a really warm, yellowy undertone and as it washed out, it looked super dull and orangey. So I went on the hunt for something new and after serious research of reviews online I came across this, the Schwarzkopf color mask in pearl blonde #910. I was drawn to the fact that everybody thought the same thing, it was one of the only home dyes that carried a definite ash undertone, no brassiness or yellow in sight. 

And here are the results... in comparison form, so you can really get an idea of the difference!




The dye comes in two parts, a tube of colour which is an odd bright blue colour (I'm sure the thoughts behind this may be similar to that of a blue or purple shampoo, to keep it ashy and push out yellows) and the other a pot of developer cream. You mix them together, give it a good shake and then you're good to go! It's a lovely consistency, quite thick, not too much of a strong smell. I applied it to my roots to begin with and just combed through the ends later on, as my ends are already white from previous bleach. I left it for about 30mins, gave it a wash, and ta-da!!! 

I'm super impressed, not only is the colour fantastic but it feels miraculously soft and easy to manage. I'll have to keep you updated with how it grows out !! 

X


2 comments:

  1. Hey i was just wondering how you applied it as it looks SO great and natural!
    Did you just apply to the roots then comb through the rest after a while (if so how long?)
    Or did you apply to most of your hair and just comb though the very ends after a while?
    Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nicole, I've been using this now for nearly 6 months, it is amazing. But yeah I apply it to the roots all over, and then just put the remainder through the ends for the last 15minutes and comb it all through. the ends don't really need it and it would probably be fine not applying here at all, but i want to get as even a colour as I can. Hope this helps!! X

      Delete